Sunday, November 10, 2013

Vermilion Cross Country Banner

This is a work in process. I am creating a banner for the Vermilion Cross Country Team. It will be 2' x 6' and include a bottom and top rod pocket along with an additional flap for grommets. I ordered the fabric from Artista flag store online which sells professional grade nylon. I first created a paper version of the banner and used that as a pattern. I fine tuned my lettering by enlarging font on the computer. A professional banner maker would probably have a tool which would dye cut letters but I used scissors. All the letters are backed with under wonder, a heat sensitive adhesive film. My next step will be to lay out the letters, adhere them to the banner and then stitch around them with metallic gold thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment