Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tweeking of the Scarves




As I make more and more faux chenille scarves, I am learning their nuances. For instance, I have abandoned the traditional notion of only using cotton homespun (yarn dyed) fabrics for faux chenille. I have experimented with yarn dyed rayon suiting blends which gives me a softer effect. I am looking for a loose weave fabric but not too loose as you will see in the pics. The grey scarves are ideal but the blue one is pushing the boundry of the loose weave. I also have gone to three layer scarves instead of five because the inner contrasting layer is more visible this way. The inner layer has also changed to organza. A sheer fabric produces a lighter weight more fashion oriented scarf. However I will still use flannel middles as well. It gives me a variety of looks. To learn more about my sewing visit my website, www.sewingbymaudy.com and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment